You have been ruling us for some time now, some of you, for 5 or 10 or 15 or even 20 years now. So we want you to answer a few questions below.
- Why are the hundreds of elected lawmakers needed when at the end only 3 or 4 politicians decide everything for them (through ‘whip’?
- Why do you stop hydro-power companies from investing here, if you talk about hydro-power as a major export and development catalyst for Nepal? (we went more than 12 hours a day without electricity every winter for nearly a decade)
- Why do you talk about democracy, when you issue “whip” to your 100’s of elected lawmakers, forcing them to vote along party leaders lines only?
- Why do you talk about youths as Nepal’s future, when youths are clearly the “present” of the country? (82% of Nepali are under 40)
- Why do you call other countries to help and beg for aid if you don’t want any foreign interference? (30% of economy runs on aid)
- Why does Bagmati still stink when for over 25 years, there are 100’s of organizations and government bodies working to solve it?
- Why do you talk about transparency when your parties don’t reveal who funds you and your election campaigns? and your decisions?
- Why do you treat our remittance workers like third grade citizens, when they are responsible for billions of dollars income?(nearly a third of Nepal’s income?)
- Why are more than a thousand Nepali stuck with marching out of the country every day for a job despite our two neighbors, India and China growing at phenomenal rate each year?
- Why did you come together to launch a revolution in Nepal some years ago if “gaas, baash ra kapaas” (गाँस, बास र कपास” is still your slogan on random walls? Ask any consumer about the huge price rises (inflation) in the last 20 years? and the tax increases ?
- Come again, Why do we Nepali need you anymore?
Thank you again for helping answer these questions.
A Nepali. (Insert your name)
If you have your own questions for our rulers, write in the comments below. Thanks.