Here is a movie theme. Begins like this:
डाकुहरु (looters) take turns looting and pillaging a village. The village is sucked high and dry repeatedly. Then a scuffle breaks out among the looters over who gets to loot and pillage the village this season!
The villagers are on their knees, begging for survival. The looters just can’t agree until the very last moment…. Meanwhile the village awaits fearfully.
Lo! A decision has been made. They have decided to let the sucked dry village live but on ONE condition only.
That they be allowed to rule the village unconditionally and with impunity, for one more year.
The villagers all agree! A sigh of relief is heard everywhere, some rejoice the breakthrough! Some are seen thanking their looters for saving the village from “certain” disaster!
A large quiet majority sit mute, maybe out of fear or disunity. ” ke garne के गर्ने ? “
Final scene: The Looters rule the village again while another group of looters scheme for their downfall. The villagers are glad to have survived another year ???
THE END. (This Film repeats again……and again……… and again in the Cinema hall near you )
Continue reading when looters become rulers
here is something I posted on the Facebook group page of ” Entrepreneurs for Nepal” some time ago, and elaborated here:
Random ideas that will jumpstart our economic revolution. Some Immediate steps.
- Have to recruit younger technocrats and remove the old ones from the National planning commission and finance and related ministries.
- Set up YEL = Youth Entrepreneurs league (new body with powerful access to private and state banks).
- Zero % tax on hydro power Generation and tourism. (Logic: mass employment generation)
- Information Technology Communication and related Licenses at no costs. (Talent generation and utilization)
- Nepal = Zero Tax center for foreign investments for 10 years. (inward investment flow and job creation)
- BOOT model (build own operate transfer in infrastructure development and creating jobs more than 100 people).
- 10% flat tax on all things else ( ALL THINGS). This encourages tax payment which overwhelming majority of people /companies in the country strive to avoid, right now).
- Permanent residence (or Nepal Citizenship, if you have guts) for people investing more than a million dollars in Nepal.
- You want wonders..
Continue reading Entrepreneurs for Nepal ideas