Taking cue from archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who said on the lines of “You cannot improve what is inherently evil.”
Let us add:
- You can’t improve politicians who lose elections yet win power.
- You can’t improve a political system that thrives on status quo and fear over you.
- You can’t improve groups that fight on the lines of their caste and color of their skins or through their entitlements.
- You can’t improve violent cultures. You can only replace them.
- You can’t improve fear-driven, resigned minds. You can only replace them with youthfulness.
- You can’t improve others without first improving yourself.